Wednesday 23 June 2010

Little Sketches

I've been finding my thoughts turning to all of the activities I'd like to be doing during this glorious weather (bicycle rides, park visits, picnics and suchlike), rather than the activities I actually have to do (work, food shopping, wedding details and household chores, bah), and I've been doodling some more in my lovely little Waitrose notebook.


Obviously, just being sketches, these are rather unimpressive, also not helped by the fact that they have been done on lined paper. I'm thinking they might make lovely little postcards... all coloured in with acrylic paint and framed with little retro-design borders. Minus the lines, naturally!

In other news, I found what can only be the best cushion for our house...

We are a real tea-drinking-cuppa-loving household, and even The Boy, aged twenty-months, loves a good old brew (although I have it so strong it looks like tar, while he has it almost all milk with no extra sugar...). The cushion looks marvelously at home on my sofa, which I've decided from looking at this photo, needs a ruddy good straightening up!

4 comments:

  1. I love your sketches, I beg to differ ... they are impressive ... yes, they would be wonderful postcards ... note cards! Your blog is lovely. I certainly will be back. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much! Thanks for stopping by, look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! I love your little blog! :)

    and I am always trying to make friends, so.. stop by my blog if you'd like. And become a follower if youn like what you see! I will most certainly return the favor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bicycle sketch!

    ReplyDelete